One of the most versatile of all horse healthcare products, Animalintex can be applied either as a wet hot or cold poultice or as a dry dressing, depending on the needs of the particular situation.
Thoroughly clean area to be treated
- Cut Animalintex to the size required allowing generous excess around the area to be treated. Place the remainder back in the bag for later use
- Apply the poultice with the plastic side uppermost in a shallow tray. (Do not use a bucket unless it has been very carefully cleansed first)
- Use boiled water that has been allowed to cool to 38C and pour the water into the tray around the edges of the Animalintex. Do not submerge.
- When saturated, take out and gently hand squeeze out more water so the poultice is damp rather than wet
- Place on the affected area with the plastic side on the outside, moulding Animalintex to the contours of the body
- Hold in place with a bandage making sure the poultice is completely covered.
Follow the same procedure as above but using boiled water that has been allowed to cool thoroughly before pouring. When the Animalintex is saturated, squeeze our excess water and apply cold to the affected area.
After cleaning the area, apply the dressing directly then bandage. Used dry, Animalintex may be used several times and still retain its effectiveness.