SwellDOWN contains NO substances in concentrations that breach the rules of racing.
When do they need it?
- After training, trialling and post-race
- After exercise (especially on hard or heavy ground)
- After events
- First sign of inflammation
- Can be used to draw out stone bruises
The combination of wet clay, essential oils and minerals in SwellDOWN has a cooling effect on the skin. Heat produced by exercise or injury is drawn out at a rapid rate, limiting hypoxic (lack of oxygen) damage and reducing the risk of oedema (fluid retention) and muscle damage, thereby aiding recovery.
- Magnesium Sulphate: Delivers the cooling drawing action to lessen pain.
- Potassium Aluminium Sulphate: Works to ‘tighten’ the leg, keeping swelling and inflammation at a minimum.
- Calcium Carbonate: Adjusts the poultice to the correct pH level.
- Oil of Peppermint and Eucalyptus:
- Reduces muscle pain and inflammation
- Creates a cooling sensation; keeps horse is comfortable during treatment
- Antiseptic properties help to disinfect any minor cuts/abrasions present under poultice.
- Glycerine: A humectant (retains moisture) which softens & moisturises the skin. Reduces itchiness.
- Wet montmorillonite clay: Binds the actives together and keeps them wet, so effective for longer.
- Best poultice on the Australian market!
- Fully disclosed ingredients
- Contains NO substances in concentrations which breach the rules of racing
- Easy ready-to-use formula
- Lead free: safe to use over broken skin
- Washes off easily with water
- Works quickly and effectively
- Non-toxic and non-irritating