KelatoLYTE is a scientifically formulated electrolyte replacer designed to mimic the composition of horse sweat.
How does KelatoLYTE work?
Supplementation with KelatoLYTE will help to reduce the risk of dehydration and associated disorders such as poor performance, fatigue and muscle stiffness.
Horses require electrolyte replacement when they have been sweating, whether from:
- During hot, humid conditions
“You can lead a horse to water…”
It is important to remember that electrolyte replacers are not only essential to replace the electrolytes lost in sweat, but they also encourage adequate water intake. We have all heard the adage “you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink”. There is a physiological explanation for this. When humans sweat, we lose more water than electrolytes in our sweat, causing a rise in blood sodium concentration. Sodium is thought to trigger the thirst response and we therefore feel the need to drink until fully rehydrated. Conversely, horses lose equal amounts of electrolytes and water in their sweat. The horse will get a slight rise in blood sodium concentration and will drink a little, but not enough to fully rehydrate. Hence, why they don’t feel the physiological need to drink even though they have sweated profusely.
Features and Benefits:
- Scientifically formulated to mimic the composition of horse sweat
- Effectively replaces what is lost in horse sweat
- Contains 88% electrolytes and NO bicarb!
- Facilitates fast rehydration and encourages drinking
- Can be used as a daily supplement, an isotonic drench or an electrolyte paste