Nutritional Support for Elastic Tissues in High Performance Horses
Horses working intensely, whether in racing or equestrian sports, often struggle with the elasticity and integrity of collagen-rich tissues, including lung tissues, tendons and ligaments.
Kohnke’s Own BCS contains specific nutrients which have a role in maintaining the health and function of tissues subjected to the repetitive stretching and high loading forces of athletic activity in racing and performance horses.
Horses in racing or high level equestrian training without adequate levels of the nutrients in BCS may have a higher risk of tendon and lung collagen weakness, with increased incidence of tendon injury, lung ‘bleeding’ and ligament problems during training.
Which Horses Benefit?
- Racing horses (gallopers and harness horses) in training or regular racing
- Horses that have previously ‘bled from the lungs’, those which seem to ‘hit the wall’ in the final straight of a race or cannot maintain the sprint to the finish.
- Horses diagnosed to have EIPH or visible signs of lung bleeding post-race as a helpful supportive supplement in combination with medicinal treatments and rest during recovery.
- Racehorses and Equestrian horses in moderate to intense training with previous ligament or tendon tears or weakness which may impact soundness.
- Horses competing in high intensity sports which may lead to failure, fatigue or overload of elastic tissues in the lungs, tendons or ligaments.
1 kg pouch (50 days supply)
3 kg bucket (150 days supply)