Helps Maintain the Normal Digestive Membranes in All Horses
Formex works to support the health and integrity of the small and large intestine (hindgut) in horses, and is particularly beneficial for horses with suspected hindgut lining injury including worm burdens, sand accumulation, use of anti-inflammatories such as ‘bute’, or long-term scours or smelly manure.
Damage to the intestinal mucosal lining can result in poor digestive function, often common in horses with high intakes of succulent green pasture as well as many hard feed and hay diets.
Long-term ‘loose’ manure is a key indicator and can significantly compromise health and vitality, especially in young and aged horses and ponies.
The Concept of Formex:
Kohnke’s Own developed Formex to help horses where pasture, feeds or medicinal treatment may have caused damage to the lining of the intestinal system.
Formex contains essential and specialised nutrients to facilitate and naturally regulate intestinal action. It may help proper formation of manure, but does not include chemical binding agents such as charcoal or bentonite, which can adversely affect nutrient absorption from dietary sources.
Kohnke’s Own FABBY® is a probiotic and prebiotic supplement which may be combined with Formex when necessary, especially in cases of long term or persistent diarrhoea or when a highly concentrated probiotic and prebiotic supplement is needed for optimum health and vitality.
Which Horses Benefit?
- For all horses with regular scouring or acidic manure which may damage the lining of the intestinal system, particularly the hindgut
- For young horses during early life which may develop scouring or diarrhoea from reduced intestinal health
- For rich, succulent grass pastures where motility of the hindgut is affected by impaired water adsorption, resulting in scouring or loose, sloppy manure
- For horses with chronic, treatment resistant diarrhoea as a supportive supplement for small intestine and hindgut lining health and to provide nutrients essential for efficient digestion and proper manure formation
- When motility and action of the digestive system is affected by sand accumulation, worm burdens or injury to the mucus membrane lining in the hindgut
1 kg pouch (33 days supply)
3 kg bucket (100 days supply)