Kohnke’s Own TRIM to help normalise the metabolism in ‘good doer’ horses and ponies who may be at risk of laminitis and founder.
Owners often struggle to reduce weight in these horses and ponies, even during periods of sparse grass or reduced feeding. While a trip to the ‘Jenny Craig’ paddock is a popular way to begin weight loss, it may not be successful if the horse or pony is an ‘easy-keeper’.
TRIM can be used before the horse is at risk of laminitis or founder, but it can also quickly soften and reduce cresty necks and tail butt fat which are the common signs that body condition of a horse or pony is above the healthy range
Which Horses Benefit?
- ‘Good-doer’ or ‘Easy Keeper’ horse and ponies
- Overweight horses and ponies
- Horses and ponies with a hard, bulging or ‘cresty’ neck and deposits of tail butt fat or abnormal fatty deposits over the shoulder and wither area.
- Horses with a history of laminitis or those sensitive to sugar
- Horses suffering from Equine Metabolic Syndrome or Insulin Resistance
- Show horses and ponies needing to quickly trim down neck fat or cresty areas before a competition.
- Hard-working, but sugar-sensitive horses, which need a grain-based diet for performance but struggle with abnormal fatty deposits or risk of laminitis.
Sizes: 1.4kg, and 4kg